Smiling senior couple at their mailbox
Young family looking at solar panel.
Young couple paying bills online
Capital Credits
Do we owe you money?

Are you a Coastal Electric member or previous member? Find out if you have unclaimed Capital Credits.

Considering Solar?

Today’s consumers want and expect options, including the type of energy powering their homes. Many homeowners are looking for a less expensive form of energy with ongoing savings.

Levelized Billing
Balance Your Budget

Take the guesswork out of paying your power bill by enrolling in Levelized Billing and pay approximately the same amount each month.

Pay My Bill

Explore Ways to Pay


Start, Stop, Transfer Service


View/Report a Power Outage

CEC News


  Coastal Electric would like to introduce four of our newest employees that have joined our CEC family. Kylee Hart, Austin Barwick, Jacob Polk and Trey Cooper will be representing CEC as they compete in the 2023 SC Lineman’s Rodeo being held in Ridgeland, SC, ...

Santee Cooper Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Funds to be Distributed

Coastal Electric members who received power from the cooperative between January 1, 2007, and January 31, 2020, may receive a bill credit or check in late February or March. These credits are the result of the settlement of a class-action lawsuit involving the failed nuclear ...

Beat the Peak

If you look around your home, you likely have more devices and equipment that require electricity than ever before. Our connected lives are increasingly dependent on more electricity to function. At the same time, as demand for electricity rises, Coastal Electric Cooperative must deliver an ...

Energy Efficiency Tip of the Month

Do you have a home office? Set equipment like printers and scanners to automatically switch to sleep or energy-saver mode when not in use. In addition to saving energy, the equipment will stay cooler, which will help extend its life. Another way to save in ...

Here are the Giveaway Winners!

Over the last few months, Coastal Electric has run promotions encouraging members to sign up for programs that are designed to make your life easier – our SmartHub portal, which offers unparalleled control over your account; the ease of paperless billing; and the "set it ...
Woman holds a coffee cup

Five Ways to Fight the Winter Chill and Save Energy

We all have our favorite season. Some people love crisp, cool weather and bundling up under a favorite blanket, while others prefer the warm temperatures summer brings and all fun outdoor activities that go with it. But there’s one thing we can all agree on: ...
SmartHub logo

December Giveaway

Our December Giveaway will be randomly awarding one member a $100 gift card. All you have to do is sign up for automatic Bank Draft within your SmartHub account. All new sign-ups will be automatically entered to win. Bank Draft through SmartHub offers ease of ...

Keeping Pets and Energy Bills Comfortable

By: Anne Prince I don’t know about you, but I consider my four-legged companion a part of the family. I can’t imagine life without my dog Bear. I know others feel this way, too. That’s why during the winter months, we make sure our whole ...
Operation RoundUp logo

Small Change Can Change Lives

The holiday season is finally here. Some call it the most wonderful season of all. That’s because we associate it with family traditions and gathering with friends and loved ones. It’s a time of giving and spreading joy. But giving back reminds me of the ...

November Giveaway!

For our November giveaway, we will be randomly awarding one member a $100 gift card!  What do you have to do to qualify?  Simply sign up to participate in Paperless Billing within your SmartHub account.  You will be automatically entered to win. Paperless Billing allows ...
2022 Annual Meeting Video Screenshot

2022 Annual Meeting

To Members of Coastal Electric Cooperative, Inc.: The Business Portion of the 2022 Annual Meeting of Members (the "Annual Meeting") of Coastal Electric Cooperative, Inc. (the "Cooperative") was held virtually at 3:00 PM, Eastern Time, on Friday, October 7, 2022, at the Cooperative's office located ...
Beat the Peak

Beat the Peak for a Chance to Win!

Want a chance to win a $500 Visa gift card? How about a $100 gift card? Sign up for peak alerts and join more than 62,000 volunteers across S.C. in shifting the times you use electricity. It’s helping hold down power costs! Learn more, sign ...

You Could Collect a Prize Just for Using SmartHub

During the month of October, we will be randomly awarding one member a $100 gift card. What do you have to do to qualify? Simply set up your SmartHub account, if you haven’t done so yet. You will be automatically entered to win. Visit our ...
Fallen electric utility pole with tree damage

Restoring Power Safely and Efficiently

We do our best to avoid them, but there’s no way around it: power outages occasionally happen. For most Coastal Electric members, outages are rare and only last a few hours. But when major storms, whether it is a pop-up thunderstorm or an expected hurricane, ...
Satellite view of Atlantic hurricane

Prep Now for Storms

The 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, which runs through November 30, is officially here, and forecasters with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predict a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season and a 10% chance of a below-normal ...
Paper cutout of family holding hands

SC Stay Plus Assistance

Coastal Electric Cooperative is committed to looking out for our members. We are pleased to offer the SC Housing Authority's SC Stay Plus Program to members in need. This is a rent and utility assistance program for South Carolina renters impacted by COVID-19. Applications are ...
Telemarketer with Pinocchio nose.

Scammers are at it again!

Please beware that many members are receiving calls from scammers stating their accounts are up for disconnection without immediate payment. Please hang up immediately! Coastal Electric will never ask for a payment over the phone. Your electric cooperative will not call or email you asking ...
Thumbnail Photo

We are looking for a graduating high school senior planning to attend college in the fall OR a current, full-time college student, who would like to work during their school breaks and throughout the summer.

Resumés are currently being accepted.
Deadline is March 31, 2023

To learn more about this amazing opportunity, visit our Careers Page.