Santee Cooper Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Funds to be Distributed

Coastal Electric members who received power from the cooperative between January 1, 2007, and January 31, 2020, may receive a bill credit or check in late February or March.

These credits are the result of the settlement of a class-action lawsuit involving the failed nuclear construction project at V.C. Summer Nuclear Generating Station in Fairfield County.  Members received in 2020 the distribution of the initial 70% of the settlement.  This payment is the distribution of the remaining 30% of the settlement.  The funds are being paid by Santee Cooper, as co-owner of the project with SCE&G (now Dominion Energy).  Coastal Electric was not an owner in the project and was not a party to this case.

All of these credits and payments are based off of your electricity purchased during the time period previously stated.  Coastal Electric did not calculate the payments.  These are the result from a court-approved process after a settlement agreement was reached between the parties in the class-action lawsuit.

If your credit is calculated to be more than $50 you can expect to receive a check in the mail.  If your credit is calculated to be less than $50 you will receive a bill credit.

If you have any questions regarding the administration of the Settlement, you may contact the Settlement Administrator.  Please include your name and your return address on all correspondence.

  • Cook v. SCPSA, Class Action Administrator, P.O. Box 3127, Portland, OR 97208-3127
  • 1-833-947-0894 (Toll-Free)
  • Frequently Asked Questions